Tuesday, June 28, 2011

LiFe iS aBoUt To ChAnGe!

Well, like I said, life is about to change!!

We have decided to jump on the baby train. As much as we've changed our minds about this, we have decided this is what we want to do. I can't help but feel the emptiness since our miscarriage, I want so badly to be pregnant and have a baby. And he/she better stay in there this time...OR ELSE! So I had a follow up appointment yesterday morning to go over our options to help me get pregnant. As I may have said before, I do not have regular periods, which means it's hard to pinpoint ovulation days, meaning I'm relying on luck when it comes to getting pregnant! And I don't really like my odds. So my doctor wanted to get me started on medication (Provera) that jump starts a period, and after that I take a prescription(Clomid) which causes ovulation. Since my body sucks and can't do the work its self!! So basically, next to my bed I have a thermometer, a temp. chart, 3 medications and my prenatal vitamins. Sounds pretty hot, right?! Um, yeah, I don't think Jimmy thinks so! Sorry honey!

So I wanted to get pregnant before the summer is over to ensure that I won't be a fat balloon next summer--no bueno! But putting that kind of stress on myself and my already tricky situation was just setting me up for disappointment. So we're just gonna go with the flow. Well, hopefully.

So now I am back into my nursery (which is already like 80% finished! lol) and going through all the things I have bought--don't ask, I'm almost embarrassed lol you'd think I have 2 buns in the oven, one B and one G. I want to be prepared, and at cheap prices, I just can't help myself.

I don't want to get my hopes up to high, but I'm hoping this works the first time around! And I'm so excited! And nervous! And really really anxious! But I will have my best friend going through the same process at the same time (or really close). She's probably going to have it a little easier than me, because she doesn't have the same problems that I am having. But it will be fun to share this experience! How many of you can say you shared this wonderful experience with someone you're close with?!

I start my first dose on Friday, July 1st....so by the end of July I will know if it worked or not. And if not, we will try it again. My doctor wants to see me every 6 weeks until my eggo is officially preggo! So wish us luck, and for my friend! And I'll be updating more as soon as I get started on this new journey!!

That's all for now, hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July! My 23rd birthday is coming up on the 11th, it's the first time probably ever that I've kind of forgotten my own birthday. Lol does that come with getting older and having a more relaxed lifestyle??

 Any advice would be helpful from anyone who has been in this kind of situation! What worked for you? How many months before you got that PREGNANT in the result window of your test? And we're you in that 10% of women who have twins?? I know one woman who was! That's a frightening thought, but at the same time, it's a risk I have (and am kiiiinda willing) to take!!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment