Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simple Livin'

So my best friend told me I need to update my blog, so I figured I'd update on what has been going on with us! I must say, I really hoped I'd have people that would read my blog and be interested in what I have to say, but for some reason I didn't think I would have many things to talk about, I didn't think I would be interesting enough or something, and I think I've done pretty well so far. I didn't realize how much I like blogging and reading other people's blogs! It's the coolest new thing. Now if only I could get more organized and stay on one subject at a time! Lol so far I have gone from renovating and decorating our house, nesting, dogs, vacation, my fiance, my family, babies, our wedding, friends, work, surgeries, and aches and pains....did I leave anything out?? Lol I think I have talked about everything under the sun! I must apologize for that. But I'm glad you have stayed with me to see where I'm going with all my rants and raves!
So now for an update....
  • I went to the hospital yesterday to get blood work done to see how my thyroid medication is working for me. Hopefully I'm on the right track!!
  • I ordered my save the dates and my MOH stuffed them in envelopes, so they need addresses and stamps and they're headed out! WOO HOO!
  • Have had a stiff neck since last Thursday....no bueno!
  • Having a MRI on my back on Thursday to check for pinched nerves in my back because my legs have oddly been going numb...pretty scary.
  • 3 of my girls picked up their bridesmaid's dresses, I must say, they look great!
  • Met with my uncle today who will be marrying me and Jimmy, he made me feel so much better about the timeline of the wedding day...needless to say I have been kind of clueless on the rules!
  • Sent off the paperwork for my passport today, should be in within 4 weeks so we can go on our honeymoon cruise to MEXICO!
  • Our friend's had their little girl last week! Remember I told you we had two friend's having babies this month? one boy, one girl? Yeah, they're both here!! Lots more baby time for us I hope! hehe.
  • I set up my sewing machine in the front living room to start playing and practicing last week, first project: a shopping cart seat cover for babies! I've only got the patterns cut out and the fabric...haven't sewed anything yet!
I went in to Estes Institute of Cosmetology today, I have really been considering going back to school and since I was 12 I have wanted to be a hairdresser and I honestly feel that someone or something has been telling me to follow my gut and do it. It's the strangest thing, but I have to admit that I am quite happy about it. I have wanted to pursue this dream for so long but have been afraid I won't make it big and will have wasted my time (and money!) but it is becoming clear to me that this is what I should be doing. I should be pursuing my dream and should not be afraid anymore. So I'm going for it.... I'm going to work towards my dream. For me. And it feels good!!

Well, that's all the updates I can think of! We haven't been up to too much around here. Just been living the simple life. Just the way we like it!!

Oh, I told Jimmy that I'd tell the world just how wonderful he is, and he truly is. It's still uncomfortable for me to drive because of my knee ( and now I have a stiff neck!!) so if Jimmy has time, he takes me around to run my errands...bank, doctor appointments, shopping, etc.... I can't begin to say how much I appreciate and love that sweet man of mine!! My grandma always tells me to appreciate the little things, and let me tell you, I certainly do! Ok that's enough about him, I don't want him to read this and get all full of himself!! Lol. Only kidding.

Have a good night everyone and I'll be sure to post after my MRI, maybe I'll be able to read these MRI's better than the ones for my knee!! I want to know what's going on Lol. Hope you're enjoying my page's new face lift! It took me a while to twerk and tweak it the way I want it!!

Off to take a shower and get into bed, going to get new tires on my car tomorrow!! Go ahead and guess how much 4 tires cost for my car?? I am in shock, needless to say it's the first time I've ever bought them!! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment